Businesses affected by the SII in the Basque Country should have their solution ready for SII by January 1, 2018, when the system becomes mandatory for them. Each province will require electronic delivery of company VAT records through its Provincial Council to construct the VAT books in real time.
The measure is estimated to affect around 2,000 taxpayers in Vizcaya, 1,400 in Guipúzcoa and 584 in Álava. There are two ways of sending the data to each Provincial Council.
- An electronic route via WebService based on the real-time exchange of XML data.
- Using a web form for taxpayers engaging in few transactions.
In each of the three provinces, users will be required to submit their billing records to the Tax Administration of each Council, in the following cases:
- When the taxpayer is domiciled for tax purposes in Vizcaya, Guipúzcoa o Álava and their turnover in the previous year is less than or equal to €7 million.
- Taxpayers have their tax domicile in Vizcaya, Guipúzcoa or Álava and their turnover in the previous year exceeds 7MM €, provided that the percentage of transactions carried out in common territory is less than 75% and transactions are carried out in Vizcaya, Guipúzcoa or Álava.
- The taxpayer is domiciled for tax purposes outside Vizcaya, Guipúzcoa o Álava and their turnover in the previous year exceeds 7 MM €, provided that the sum of their transactions are carried out in the Basque Country, 100% of transactions take place in Biscayan territory or the greater part of their transaction volume was carried out in Vizcaya, Guipúzcoa or Álava.
Does your ERP issue SII system-compliant VAT books? If so, you’re just one step away from compliance with the AEAT requirements. Contact us.
EDICOMSii is a solution that automates the entire process of submitting information to the AEAT. Everything from electronic VAT issuance, to connectivity with the Tax Agency’s electronic office and certified document safekeeping.